Events of the GDA
About the Competition
For many years, the Aluminium Die-casting Award has proven to be a successful platform for demonstrating the high quality standards of aluminium die-castings. The aim of the competition is to boost interest in aluminium, a versatile material, still further and to demonstrate further fields of application. Criteria for evaluating the castings, submitted to the Aluminum Die Casting Competition 2016, were the die-cast conform and resource efficient construction. Prizes were awarded by a jury of experts from research and practice to three castings from renowned manufacturers with a further three castings receiving special commendations.
The winners of the International Aluminium Pressure Die-casting Competition will be announced at the opening ceremony of EUROGUSS in Nuremberg, where they will be presented with a certificate.
Award in Nuremberg
The awards show for the best will take place on the occasion of the opening ceremony on 15 January 2018 of the EUROGUSS Exhibition (from 16 - 18 January 2018) in Nuremberg. The three winning entries selected by judges will be awarded certificates. Other commendable castings can get a special honourable mention.
Conditions of entry
- Captive or jobbing foundries can enter as many castings as they wish. A seperate entry form must be completed for each casting. It is important that each casting submitted can be easily linked to its application form. This can easily be achieved by the use of unique numbers on both the form and the casting.
- An entry may consist of either a single casting or a complete die casting assembly. Any entry may be trimmed but not mechanically or chemically surface treated. In cases where the casting will be surface treated, the finished surface treated part must also be entered.
- The castings must be made of a standard aluminium casting alloy.
- The entered castings must be taken from the current production. Castings already awarded in another national or international competition are excluded. Drawings of construction and assembly will simplify the judgement for the jury. We also ask for photos or brochures of the end products in which the casting is fitted.
- By signing the entry form competitors agree that the castings may be used for the promotion of aluminium pressure die casting and become property of GDA.
Submission by 25. October 2017 (extended)
Castings must reach the:
Gesamtverband der Aluminiumindustrie e.V.
Am Bonneshof 5
Jörg H. Schäfer
Head of Recycling and Sustainability
Head of Metal Powder
Phone: +49 211 4796 - 170